The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has asked candidates to remain calm over the delay in printing the original result slips for the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
JAMB spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, disclosed in a statement on Tuesday that the portal for printing the original result slips has not yet been activated.
According to the board, the delay is connected to the completion of foreign examinations and ongoing preparations for the mop-up examination meant for candidates who missed the main UTME through no fault of theirs.
“The printing of the 2026 UTME Original Result Slip has not yet been activated. Candidates are kindly urged to be patient as the Board has just concluded the foreign examinations and is also preparing to conduct the mop-up examination for candidates who were unable to sit for the main examination through no fault of theirs,” the statement said.
JAMB explained that the UTME operates as a ranking examination, making it necessary for the board to complete every stage of the process before releasing the official result slips.
“Candidates are reminded that the UTME is a ranking examination, and the Original Result Slip contains the ranking of candidates. Consequently, all necessary processes must be completed before the slips can be released,” Benjamin stated.
The board assured candidates that the portal for printing the original slips would be activated once all necessary adjustments and procedures had been completed.
“As soon as the necessary adjustments are concluded, the printing portal will be activated. This will be done shortly, and candidates will be duly informed when to proceed with the printing of their result slips,” the statement added.
JAMB apologised for the inconvenience caused by the delay and appealed to candidates and stakeholders for patience and understanding.
The delay has, however, generated frustration among several candidates, many of whom said they urgently need access to their original scores for post-UTME screening, admission processing and change of course or institution applications.
The examination body had earlier provided candidates with access to their UTME results through SMS using their registered phone numbers.
The latest development comes shortly after JAMB approved 150 as the minimum cut-off mark for university admissions for the 2026 academic session.





